Young Gozal whose husband is a taxi driver has an affair with a young blond shoeshine boy. One day an old man who can’t hear well is recording the bird’s songs when he hears what they say to each other. So he finds out about their affair and tells everything to Gozal’s black-haired husband. The black–haired kills the young blond boy and injures Gozal and then surrenders himself to the court. He is sentenced to death and is thrown into the sea as he chooses. Gozal commits suicide in her regular meeting place.
This time the blond–haired man and Gozal are husband and wife, and Gozal is in love with the black – haired. The blond – haired is the taxi driver and the black–haired is a hawker. The old man gets to know about the affair between Gozal and the black – haired and informs the blond–haired. He intends to kill the black – haired but is killed himself. The black–haired is sentenced to death and as he asks, he is hanged on the tree under which he saw Gozal for the first time. Gozal commits suicide in the hospital.
Like the first narrative, once again the black–haired and Gozal are husband and wife and Gozal has an affair with the blond- haired. The old man tells Gozal’s husband about this affair. The two rivals start fighting, but the black-haired refuses to kill the blond- haired when he is in the situation to do so. This way he gives his rival the chance to tell him but the black–haired holds the wedding party of Gozal and the blond–haired.
In the wedding ceremony, the court judge who has resigned from his job due to its difficulties is present.
The black–haired give the bird and groom a lift to their house and gives his taxi to them as the wedding present. The blond–haired who has decided to give Gozal back to the black–haired, runs after him but instead he finds the old man who confesses that he has been in love with Gozal for many years.
1. Cannes International Film Festival , France 1995.
2. The 21st La Rochelle International Film Festival, France 1995.
3. Montreal International Film Festival , Canada 1995.
4. Taormina International Film Festival, Italy 1995.
5. Vancouver International Film Festival, Canada 1995.
6. Toronto International Film Festival, Canada 1995.
7. Chicago International Film Festival , USA 1995.
8. The 36th Thesaloniki International Film Festival ,Greece 1995.
9. Festival des trios Continents ,Nantes, France 1995.
10. Fribourg International Film Festival , Sweden 1996.
11.The 15th Istanbul International Film Festival, Turkey 1996.
12. San Francisco International Film Festival, USA 1996.
13. Sydney International Film Festival, Australia 1996.
14. Munich International Film Festival, Germany 1996.
15. The 14th Turin International Festival of young Cinema , Italy 1996
16. New Delhi International Film Festival, India 1997.
17. The 10th Singapore International Film Festival, Singapore 1997.
18. Sochi international Film Festival, Russia 1997.
19. The Festival of Iranian Films at The Film Center of Chicago, USA 1997.
20. Museum of Fine Arts of Boston ,USA 1997.
21. The Festival of Iranian Films at The Cinematheque Ontario, Toronto, Canada 1997.
22. The Festival of Iranian Films at Montreal Conservatoire ,Canada 1997.
23. The Festival of Iranian Films at The Pacific Cinematheque ,Vancouver, Canada 1997.
24. The Festival of Iranian Film at The Cinematheque of Ottawa, Canada 1997.
25. The Festival of Iranian Films at The Northwest Film Center , Portland, 1997.
26. The Festival of Iranian Films at The Film Center of Chicago, USA 1997.
27. The Festival of Iranian Film at The Pacific Film Archive, Berkeley, USA 1997.
28. Museum of Fine Arts of Boston ,USA 1997.
29. Museum of Modern Art of New York, USA 1997.
30. Museum of Fine Arts of Houston, USA 1997.
31. The Festival of Iranian Films at The UCLA Film Archive, USA 1997.“A Tribute to Mohsen Makhmalbaf”
32. The Festival of Iranian Films at Cleveland Cinematheque, Canada 1997.“A Tribute to Mohsen Makhmalbaf”
33. Sochi International Film Festival , Russia 1997.
34. Copenhague International Film Festival , Denmark 1997.
35. The Festival of Iranian films at Cinemathique Bonn, Germany 1997.
36. Taipei International Film Festival , Taiwan 1997.
37. London International Film Festival , UK 1997.
38. Beirut International Film Festival , Lebanon 1998.
39. Oslo International Film Festival , Norway 1998.
40. Black Nights International Film Festival , Estonia 2000.
41. National Gallery of Art, UK2002.